Poppyseeds Home Food BBA Seasonal Adventures Polish Italian Holidays Random

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Herb Butters

Corn doesn't need anything except butter and salt in my opinion--if it's good corn.
But I do LOVE herb butters. 

For this corn I mixed one stick of softened butter with 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley, 1/2 Tablespoon chopped chives and 1/2 Tablespoon chopped dill.  This is also my favorite topping for boiled new potatoes.

While I was in the mood, I mixed up another blend of one stick softened butter, 1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary and 1 Tablespoon chopped thyme.  I love this with chicken or beef.

I mixed a third stick of butter with chopped basil to put over pasta or almost anything else.

After blending each mixture, I shaped each one into a separate roll in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer to use when the garden herbs are done for the season.  It's easy to just slice a piece off and rewrap the rest to put back in the freezer for another day.

No comments: